Imagine a World without Domestic Violence. Imagine what the World would have been without a man or woman.
Inagine what the World would have been without Marriage and the Union of one Man and one Woman.
Marriage indeed, is important institution that God has divinely instituted on earth in order to make life easy for human coexistence. For God knew that it was not proper for a man and woman to stay alone.
Marriage is the legally or formally recognised union of two persons as partners in a personal relationship basically between a man and a woman.
Marriage is divine, and thus should be sacred. But why then has many marriages withnessed such threats, violence and destruption as Domestic Violence?
Why has many marriages broken down to the point of irreparable and leading to not just divorce, but death?
Having sparingly understood what marriage is all about a d the need to co-exist intelligently and peacefully, it would be proper for us to treat the subject matter, DOMESTIC VIOLENCE.
We are thus going to discuss on few points
- What is Domestic Violence?
- What are the Causes ofDomestic Violence?
- Are there effects of Domestic Violence in Marriages?
- How do we prevent Donestuc Violence in Homes and Marriages?
WHAT IS DOMESTIC VIOLENCE
Domestic violence is a violence or aggressive behaviour within the home, typically involving the violent abuse of a spouse or partner.
It is something that is done willfully, intentionally out of hate, and no matter how often the abuse happens the victim of domestic violence suffers constant terror and stress, living in constant fear of the next episode.
Causes of Domestic Violence
No matter how we view things in this life. Everything that happens in life happens for a reason and some of these reasons are as follows.
- Intense Disagreement with their intimate partner.
- Proctacted period of unemployment
- Financial issues/misunderstanding
- Desperation when partners threatens to leave.
- Anger escalation.
- Humiliation stemming from problem at work or other perceived failures.
- Jealousy and envy.
Effects of Donestic Violence.
As long as domestic violence is concerned, it must have a negative effect in a home.
Domestic violence can have the following effects.
- Post -traumatic stress disorder: This is a mental health condition that is triggered by a terrifying event e.g flashback, nightmare, severe anxiety and uncontrollable thoughts about the event.
- Depression: Depression is more than common feelings of temporary sadness e.g prolonged sadness, feelings of hopelessness, unexplained crying.
- Dissociation: This usually refers to feelings like one had checked out or is not present.
- It also affect the children.
How to STOP Domestic Violence
Putting an end to Domestic Violence in homes could be tasking, but it does not mean it’s not easy and can’t be done.
To enable us achieve this, we must bridle the tongue and also be Our “Brother’s Keeper”.
The following are also other ways to help stop the spread of this monster that is bent on destroying beautiful homes and marriages.
- Call the police if you see or hear or have an evidence of Domestic Violence.
- Consider reaching out to your neighbour, co-worker, friend or family member.
- Educate others on Domestic Violence.
- Maintain a healthy, respectful, romantic relationship as a model for your children.
Have you see or heard anyone, family etc that is suffering from Domestic Violence?
Can you help us stop the spread of this disaster and help rebuild homes that has been damaged by the Monster?
What is your take on this?