The Thanksgiving that produces Miracles
We give thanks to God for the marvelous things He has done in our lives. For being alive daily; and for the benefits of being present on a daily basis; for seeing our families; for the ability to wake up daily, go to work, and be back safely; for our safety on a daily basis; for many countless things He has done for us.
It gives God great joy to receive our thanksgiving, but only when it is properly given.
The Psalmist in Psalms 103:1 -5 constantly gave thanks to God. It is therefore very important that we ask ourselves the question:
Why should we give God thanks?
We should continually give God thanks because He is the one that:
- Forgives all Iniquities.
- Heals all diseases and sicknesses.
- Redeems our lives from destruction.
- Crowns us with His loving kindness and His tender mercies.
- Satisfies our mouth with good things.
- Renews our youth like the eagle’s.
- It is God’s expectation that we should give Him thanks. (Psalm 50:12-15)
- Because it is inherent in the nature of man to give God Thanks. (Luke 12:16-20)
- Because thanksgiving, brings more of God’s favour to us. (Luke 17:11-19)
How Should we Give Thanks?
According to the Psalmist (Psalm 96:1-4), we should give thanks to God by:
- Singing and prising God with great songs and hymens.
- Making a joyful noise to God.
- Testifying of His goodness and mercies.
- Verbally expressing our thanksgiving to God.
- Giving gifts to God.
- Giving God quality Offerings.
As we have reached the second half of the year, let us make it a point in our lives to give God quality thanksgiving that would produce a miracle in our lives.