The New Year Resolution Specialists specialises in gathering ideas, remarkable insights and great knowledge of “how to’s”. These great ideas however are only held in their heads, and never gets written down for follow up.
The Bibles says “Then the Lord answered me and said: “Write the vision And make it plain on tablets, That he may run who reads it.” ~ Habakkuk 2:2 (NKJV)
I believe that 99 percent of young people and even Adults fall right into this great category, and it has become a norm for people to make up their minds in what they want to do, but once it is 2nd of January, just a day after the New Year Day, their resolve to continue in the fulfilment of these New Year Resolutions becomes a mirage.
New Year Resolution Specialists and Planning
It is one thing to have a plan, or an intention to plan, and it is another thing to note-down the plans you have made in your mind and heart. The inability of the New Year Resolution Specialists to “download” these great plans from wherever they are stored in their brain membrane is the major difference between them and the next category of people.
I used to belong to this category of New Year Resolution Specialists. I am lucky to be born in January, very organised in Nature and also a great man with great insights. I love to make plans and have lots of ideas in my head. These ideas are so great that once they are implemented, my life and the lives of many people around me would never remain the same.
Some of these ideas were LOST forever due to my inability to write them down as the Bible commands. I would recall having this great ideas of a Book I wanted to write. I wrote the whole book on my head while taking a walk.
I have the plot for the book well thought of and written very sophisticatedly in my head. I was very sure that this book would be a bestseller, but alas, something happened, and when I tried to recall the exact title, words and scenes, there were very far to come by.
This taught be great lessons, and up till now, I do carry a notebook with me wherever I go. I carry this notebook which I have called – my Idea Pad or Book Of Thoughts (BOTs).
Ideas are like Crude Oil, once extracted from the Oil fields, they must go through some processes before they become Certified Products. The problems is always on – “How do I manage all these Ideas?”
My advice to the New Year Resolution Specialists is that you don’t acquire the “Too many Ideas – “The Jack of All Trade Syndrome””. You must ensure that all ideas that come to your mind are well documented.
God gave Moses the Ten Commandments, He would have miraculously etched the Commandments into the mind of Moses, but NO, God wants His children to always remember and have an evidence of His words, hence He mandated Moses to write down these Commandments in tablets of stone.
“And God spoke all these words, saying: “I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. “You shall have no other gods before Me. …” ~ Exodus 20 (NLJV)
My Dear New Year Resolution Specialists, it is expedient that whatever you have planned to achieve in this New Year, you have to take out time to write them down and rudiment on them always, so that it gets into your mind and becomes part of you. This will help you become a New Year Resolution Planner and Achiever.
This post is part of the January Synchroblog: New Beginnings >> story of craving for change and growth; stories of people making resolutions, choosing their one word for the coming year and dreaming about how they will leave their mark in 2014.
A full list of participating blogs/websites for this month could be seen below:
- Jen Bradbury – Enough
- Abbie Watters – New Beginnings
- Cara Strickland – Bursting
- Carol Kuniholm – Acorns, King, Beloved Community
- Done With Religion – A New Year, A New Beginning
- Kelly Stanley – A Blank Canvas
- Glenn Hager – Overcoming The Biggest Obstacle To Reaching Your Goals
- Dave Criddle – Get Some New Thinking
- David Derbyshire – Changed Priorities Ahead
- J A Carter – The Year of Reading Scripture for the First Time
- Damon – New Beginnings: Consider These 5 Questions Before Tying The Knot
- Jeffrey Kranz – Where To Start Reading The Bible
- Joanna990 – On survival – my one word for 2014
- K W Leslie – Atonement
- Happy – my One Word 365 surprise
- Michelle Moseley – Ends and Beginnings
- Matthew Bryant – A New Creation
- Liz Dyer – It’s a new year and time to make some new mistakes
- Edwin Pastor Fedex Aldrich – Foreclosed: The beginning of a new dream
- Jennifer Clark Tinker – Starting a New Year Presently
- Loveday Anyim – New Year New Resolutions
- Loveday Anyim – New Year Resolution Dreamers
- Loveday Anyim – New Year Resolution Specialists
- Loveday Anyim – The New Year Planners and Achievers
- Jeremy Myers – Publish Your Book with Redeeming Press
- Amy Hetland – New Beginnings
- Phil Lancaster – New Beginnings
- Mallory Pickering – Something Old, Something New
- Margaret Boelman – The Other Side of Grief
- Kathy Escobar – One Image