Why get connected to God you may ask. Why should I waste my ‘precious’ time getting so attached and connected to a God who I have never seen, yet heard He does wonders and all?
In my sojourn in Life, I have come to realise that though we may not have seen God face-to-face, He is still there and ever willing to communicate with us. If one we know what being connected to God will bring into our lives.
Here I am though far away yet am connected to the flow of the word of God through Christ Jesus.
I love The Lord and would always walk in His ways, but when the tide becomes stronger and the winds increase its speed my legs quake.
As human, fear tends to envelope my heart, but once I remember who I am connected to, my heart and legs holds strong, because I know I am connected to the Anchor of Hope, the Lord Jesus Christ is His name.
Why Should I be Connected to God?
“Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I shall fear no evil! …….” (Psalm 23:1-5) Why?
- Because I am connected to the One who has the light to show me the way through the valley.
- Because I am connected to the One who has the security to secure me from the snares of the evil one as I walk through his Territory.
- Because I am connected to the One who is able to keep me sane as I walk through and see all the evil that is done down the valley.
- Because I am connected to the One who is able to give life and who has given me a chance to breathe and hold my head high while walking through the valley.
- Because I am connected to the beginning and the end, the Alpha and the Omega.
- Because I am connect to the one who knows when I entered into the valley and has calculated the time I must be getting out of the valley.
- Because I am connected to the One who will chastise me with His rod while in the valley and guide me with His staff through the valley.
Our valley experience shows how we must behave; and the best way to get out of the valley is when we are connected to the one who knows the end from the beginning.
While in the valley. Do not lose hope, but get busy, help someone out, brighten someone’s life and shine the light back to someone’s life. By so doing, you are gathering up skills that would help you get connected faster to God and plan a way of escape.
It is only when you have passed the valley and come out unphased that you can enjoy the table that The Lord God Almighty has prepared for you.
I feel blessed to be connected to the SynchroBlog to bring you messages that have touched my heart, to share with you the thoughts that flows from my heart down through my fingers as I type all my Articles.
I feel connected to many people through my association on the SynchroBlog, and pray that when The Lord shall return to harvest us back to God, that we all would be connected back to Him. Amen.
This post – Why Get Connected to God when He can’t be there for Me?, is written as part of the August 2014 SynchroBlog: “Connection!”, centring on stories, poems, dreams, book reviews and whatever comes to mind when you ponder on “connection”.
A full list of participating blogs/websites for this month could be seen below:
Jerry Wirtley – Connection
Sara Quezada – Can You Really Know Someone In A Different Language?
Ford – Inter-independence
Michael Donahoe – Connection
Minnow – Our Dis-Connect
Justin Steckbauer – Connection in Love, it’s what Life is all about!
Carol Kuniholm – Disengagement and Connection
Wesley Rostoll – Finding Jesus In Different Places
Doreen A Mannion – A bunny, a fawn and some geese walk into a bar …
Leah Sophia – Touch of Life
Karen “Charity” Aldrich – Wuv True Wuv
Abbie Watters – Connection – Addicted to the Buzz
Liz Dyer – Human Connection and the Power of Empathy