The month of February lends itself as the greatest month of Love. More so with the much anticipated Valentine’s Day on. February 14.
Each year, many people have a resolve to show love, even if the love does not pass their lips. Even if their love is more of mere words, gifts laced with some sweet smelling words. Emotions running as wild as the untamed North American wild horses.
Many people prefer to wait for the month of February to show that they are madly in love with you, thereby making the month look as if it is the most loved up month in the calendar of men. Why won’t it be? To some, it is the cold month after the longest month of the year (January). To others, it is a month to look forward for a fresh start.
Why must we celebrate Love?
- What exactly is Love and why must we celebrate it?
- Are the gifts that we share and give in the valentine season a sign of sharing our love or are they just to follow the trend?
- Do we really mean it when we send out a specially made gift or card to our loved ones?
- Why must we even think about our loved ones ONLY when Valentine’s Day comes up?
- Have you ever considered showing love to those who mean less to you?
In this month’s Synchroblog, we look at Loving your Enemies, considering how you might show love to those who mean less to you.
- What exactly does it mean to love your enemies?
- Who are your enemies?
- Do you consider yourself as an enemy to someone else?
Jesus said He came for us to have life and have it more abundantly. It is the love that God has for mankind that made Him to send Jesus Christ to come and she’d His blood on the cross of Calvary to redeem man back to God.
For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. This love of God is so strong for Him to spare His only begotten Son. Now God wants us to show this same love to others.
When Jesus was about to depart from the Earth, He admonished His Disciples to love one another, that of all the commandments, Love is the greatest. This is to show that if you love someone, you will never think about ways to do anything bad to them.
“Love thy neighbour as thyself” your neighbour in this context does not mean the person living next to you, it someone who is created by God. We should all show love to one another for us to live a better life here on Earth, because this would be the fulfilment of one of Jesus greatest wills.
Does God love His enemies too?
Now you may say that why will Jesus tell us to Love one another? Isn’t God His father the same person who sends His people – Israel to war against any country that disobeys Him? Is it not the same God that punished the Israelites simply because they were murmuring about their status in the wilderness?
How many would we even count? There are so many places in the Bible that showed that God dealt massively with anyone who disobeys Him, anyone who wages war against His people or anyone who does not do things according to what He has commanded them to do.
Yet His Son comes and ask us to love one another. And even further telling us that God is love.
Well from all the angles that you may look at this, Love covers all multitude of sins, love endures, and love does not count what was done against it. Love is so powerful that it forgives.
Why not adopt the Jesus kind of Love?
So why don’t we adopt this love that Jesus. Christ preaches and give peace a chance. Remember that for you to inherit the Kingdom of God, you must first love God, and love His ways. Your ways must be His ways, and His ways is the way of a love.
Cultivate a habit of love today, and love all your enemies no matter what they have done to you. Only lift them up to God and remind Him that you have done your part that the rest is up to. Him to fulfil.
May the love of god which passes all understanding be with you. Amen.
This post is part of the February Synchroblog: Loving your Enemies >> story of how you might show love to those who mean less to you.
A full list of participating blogs/websites for this month could be seen below:
- Todi Adu – Love is Your Weapon; Fight for Love
- Carol Kuniholm – Circles of Love
- K. W. Leslie – Love Your Enemies
- Doreen A Mannion – Easy to Love
- Loveday Anyim – What does it mean to love your enemies
- Liz Dyer – Uncomfortable Love
- Mike Donahoe – Love Your Enemies Really
- EmKay Anderson – On Loving While Angry
- Glenn Hager – The Opposite of Love is Not Hate
- Josie Anna – On Love Because I am Loved
- Edwin Aldrich – Loving All of Our Neighbors
- Jeremy Myers – How do you heap burning coals on the heads of your enemies?
- Margaret Boelman – Repentance
- Loveday Anyim – I will NEVER Love my Enemy!!